Saturday, March 12, 2011

a bit about running

If you are a really fast runner, please avert your eyes from this post.

I am not a fast runner. In some circles, what I do is not even called running. But I am training for a half marathon and had a bit of a breakthrough the last few weeks. We have been consistently running at about 12:30 per mile. We were doing that whether it was a 4 mile run or a 10 mile run (actually we averaged 12:38 on the 10 miler). But for some reason on our 11 mile run, we dropped our average by 48 seconds per mile. Then today on our 12 mile run we dropped another 9 seconds.

I think it is probably more mental than anything but I am very proud of us because are so speedy these days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A half marathon? AWESOME. Ben wants to do a marathon someday, but not me. You Rock!!
By the way. I can't believe that you were in such a crazy car accident a while back. I'm so glad that you guys are okay.

brit said...

Thanks Deb. I did a marathon a couple of years ago and it was a lot of work but I thought it was worth it. You should try a half marathon, it is still very challenging but does not take as much time to train.