
Okay folks, it is official, the universe supports my photography hobby. Consider the following:
Contrary to every tardy bone in my body I ended up being a 1/2 hour early to my photo class last night. When I arrived there was another woman there. When she noticed my Nikon she asked me if I wanted another lens. Assuming she was trying to sell one and knowing that lenses are expensive (no seriously it is alarming how expensive they are, usually as expensive as your camera and often more) I said, "hell no, leave me alone lady." (Or something like that). But then she persisted explaining that a photographer friend of hers asked her to give it to someone who would appreciate it. And there I was, an appreciative Nikon owner, just sitting there waiting to receive her gift. All she asked in return was that I smile appreciately for a photo to give to her friend. And so that is how, without parting with any hundreds of dollars, I became the proud owner of a 28-105 mm Tokina.
Thanks universe and anonymous photographer.
I will not let you down.
Contrary to every tardy bone in my body I ended up being a 1/2 hour early to my photo class last night. When I arrived there was another woman there. When she noticed my Nikon she asked me if I wanted another lens. Assuming she was trying to sell one and knowing that lenses are expensive (no seriously it is alarming how expensive they are, usually as expensive as your camera and often more) I said, "hell no, leave me alone lady." (Or something like that). But then she persisted explaining that a photographer friend of hers asked her to give it to someone who would appreciate it. And there I was, an appreciative Nikon owner, just sitting there waiting to receive her gift. All she asked in return was that I smile appreciately for a photo to give to her friend. And so that is how, without parting with any hundreds of dollars, I became the proud owner of a 28-105 mm Tokina.
Thanks universe and anonymous photographer.
I will not let you down.
2 comments:
Nice karma! And camera. How fun to take a class.
Would you stop writing about freaking cameras and post the answer to that dumb riddle?
Post a Comment