Monday, March 29, 2010

On Weekends

I used to/sometimes/often think it is very important for me to have huge adventures on the weekends. But it seems my wanderlust has been uncharacteristically calm lately. I am still having adventures, they are just taking place closer to home. This weekend...

Friday
coloring eggs with ties and
stupid human tricks with the nieces and nephews
Mike's fudge sauce

Saturday
5 mile trail run up a killer hill
with awesome scenery and wildlife (deer, antelope & fox) and
studying (BOOO) and
dinner & games with friends
including discovering that Max can read my mind when necessary for Cranium and
Mike's fudge sauce

Sunday
SUNBEAMS #($)%(&*!
Nap, dinner, walk (this weather makes me sing)
Mike's fudge sauce

7 comments:

Erin said...

I need pictures of the eggs. We are going to look for ties right now. And I love your sunbeam words. It makes me laugh. I subbed for the sunbeams on Sunday I had 9 of them.

brit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brit said...

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures. But I will give you this advice: Somehow patterns that are really ugly on ties are really awesome on eggs. I also wish I had made more with just one pattern. I did lots of mixing patterns.

Karissa said...

this post makes me question my nomadic lifestyle and induces thoughts of taking up quilting and moving to rural north dakota

brit said...

Karissa, You are my hero. Do not question your lifestyle. I am sure you have plenty of quiet weekends in the future. Enjoy being a nomad. Also, who said anything about north dakota????

Little Tiger said...

you comment of the sunbeams hit a cord with me. i too have been sentanced to the sunbeams. i no longer want children because now i know they will one day become sunbeams.

Be, Br, E and A said...

Are you the Sunbeam teacher? Br and I taught Sunbeams as our first calling together. I always wondered why they do that to young couples because it is a sure fire mean of birthcontrol.