Yesterday as I was leaving the parking garage I have left at least 5 times a week for 1.5 years, I suddenly had an idea to go to a store just one block to the north. I approached the light in the left lane, yielded for oncoming traffic, then turned left onto ninth street. Heading in the opposite direction, in the lane next to the one I was turning into, there was an clearly marked police car. I saw that car and grinned to myself; I am a wonderful driver and I sort of enjoy showing off how safe and competent I am for our boys in blue.
Now you all know where this story is going. You know that ninth street is one way and I was turning the wrong direction. And you know that I realized that only once I was faced with oncoming traffic. But what you don't know is that instead of pulling me over, the police officer, trying to suppress a grin, just gave me one finger...No not that finger.
This finger:
The "no no" finger. Then he took off down the street leaving me to execute an 18-point turn in front of impressively patient traffic.
1 comment:
That's an awesome story.
Post a Comment